Figuring out the best divorce parenting plan is a really daunting task, and a lot of people don't know where to start researching plans that will work best for their family. (Not to mention all the emotional triggers this subject brings up!)
Divide & Thrive cofounder Alex Beattie had a great 25 minute conversation with parenting plan coach and divorce mediator Samantha Boss. It's is filled with so much useful information and action items to help you figure out how to build a parenting plan that works best for your family.
Samantha shared so many great insights including:
• How getting as detailed as possible and anticipating changes in the future, and incorporating those into your plan, will serve you in the long term
• Why thinking through what your priorities are for a parenting plan in advance of meeting with attorneys put you in a better position to pick someone who is the right fit for you
• Why educating yourself early in the process is empowering and how it will save you time and money down the road
• Focus on what works best for your family, and don't be influenced by outside ideas of how your parenting plan or relationship with your coparent should look
• Understand the difference between coparenting and parallel parenting
• And more!
Watch or listen to their chat HERE.
If you've got kids and are going through a split, check out Divorce & Ongoing Kid Expenses you should be mindful of when creating a budget for your life after divorce.
Divorce is a time filled with uncertainty. Getting on top of all the details of your life and figure out your financial realities, in addition to working on your parenting plan, puts you in the best position to save time and money, make smart choices and cut down on your anxiety during divorce.
Divorce is hard. Divide & Thrive makes planning for one easy.